Edmondson Hall Solicitors can provide you with specialist advice upon all aspects of equine and bloodstock law from contentious issues over the sale or purchase of a horse to non-contentious matters such as sale agreements, foal share agreements and syndication agreements.
- Disputes Relating to Sale and Purchase
- Veterinary Negligence Claims
- Recovery of Debts
- Bloodstock Contracting Commercial Work
Our team of solicitors are highly skilled and generally have personal specialist knowledge from their own experience with horses. We consider our team of advisors to be second to none and are proud to have been recognised for our work having been awarded Sports Law Firm of the Year 2014 and 2013 (Boutique Category) as chosen by Corporate INTL and Horseracing and Equestrian Law Firm of the Year 2012 as chosen by Global Legal Experts. We have been and are regularly instructed by: Professional Jockeys, Show Jumping, Dressage and Three Day Event competitors, Owners, Trainers, Bloodstock Agents, Insurance Agents, Veterinary Practices, Stud Farms and many others involved in the industry.
We can assist you with:
- Disputes relating to the sale and purchase of horses
- Veterinary negligence claims
- Recovery of debts such as livery fees, stallion nomination fees, training fees etc
- Bloodstock Contracts including Sale Agreements, Syndication Agreements, Foal Share Agreements and International Leasing
Examples of recent instructions include:
- Successful recovery of five-figure debts due to a thoroughbred racehorse trainer
- Successful recovery of high value stallion nomination fees
- Successful representation for both buyers and sellers of horses
- Successfully obtaining damages for an individual whose horse was injured after panicking following a hot-air balloon incorrectly landing in a nearby field
- Successfully recovering stolen horses that had been sold on to third parties
- Syndication and Southern Hemisphere leasing of Leading Stallions
- Successful representation of the insured in a stallion sub-fertility insurance dispute
- Successful representation of an overseas purchaser in a high value bloodstock “chain” purchase
- Successful representation of a leading trainer in a triangular dispute with supplier and supplier’s financier
- Successful representation on behalf of bloodstock sales companies (and against them) in relation to disputes arising under conditions of sale
Edmondson Hall has enjoyed successful expansion and is now able to offer comprehensive legal services to a diverse range of national and international clients.