Michael DrakeOur Team
Michael Drake is a Consultant Solicitor. Michael has considerable experience dealing with family and charitable trusts. Michael is Secretary of the Newmarket Stud Farmers Association Limited, Trustee of the George Gibson Almhouses Trust, Trustee of Miss Jarvis Charitable Trust and Former Chairman of the Marshall Family Trust.
Michael joined historic Newmarket firm Rustons & Lloyd as a 17 year old Articled Clerk, he went on to qualify in 1973 at the age of 23 and practiced in Kent at a large commercial firm for several years before re-joining Rustons & Lloyd in 1976. He became a Partner in 1977. He remained with Rustons & Lloyd until the firm merged with Edmondson Hall in 2019 and is now a Consultant with the Practice bringing a wealth of knowledge and a great deal of reputable clients with him. 2023 sees Michael reach his 50th year as a practicing Solicitor.
Michael’s work has included:
- Shergar the racehorse insurance claims – Shergar was (at the time) the most famous and valuable horse in the world. He was kidnapped on 8th February 1983 and never found. This resulted in a number of insurance claims by shareholders of the Syndicate.
- Syndicating the Queen’s last stallion Royal Applause
- Involvement in the House of Lords case – for the rating of thoroughbred breeding studs
- Instructed renowned barristers from the Inns of Court in London such as Lords Marks of Henley 4 Pump Court, Walter Aylen KC – Harcourt Buildings , Nicholas Le Poidevin KC – Ten Lincolns Inn, Jeremy Storey KC – 4 Pump Court
3 cases in the Court of Appeal –
- Re: Dickson – re: revocation of Will
- Land v Sykes – notice re: Agricultural land
- Cotterill – Inheritance tax claims
- Private Client
Edmondson Hall has enjoyed successful expansion and is now able to offer comprehensive legal services to a diverse range of national and international clients.