Mark EdmondsonOur Team
- Chief Executive Officer
Mark was a foundation Partner in the practice in 1994 having previously worked in a large commercial practice in the Midlands. He has a Masters Degree in International Sports Law achieving a Distinction (First) and winning the West Ham United Sponsored Prize for Best Performance. He also holds an Advance Certificate in Insurance Law.
Mark is the Honorary President of the Newmarket Charitable Foundation, Chair of The Felons, Founder and Chair of the Equine Professionals Conference, Founder and Chair of Newmarket Business Day. He was listed in Debretts “People of Today” as being one of the country’s top 25,000 influential people in the UK. He acts for many sportsmen and women and media personalities in addition to leading figures in the bloodstock industry. He has had numerous articles published in the International Sports Law Journal. Mark is the Secretary of the Newmarket Trainers Federation, Derby County Season ticket holder and Racehorse breeder. He lectures on the National Stud Evening Lecture Programme. Mark is listed in Band 1 in the Chambers Directory which is a distinction applied to the top 4% of Solicitors in the UK. Mark is married with two grown up daughters.
Mark’s recent work has included:
- The representation of owners, jockeys and trainers at disciplinary matters before the British Horseracing Authority
- Acting for high net worth individuals in exiting companies and partnerships
- The successful negotiation of a €26 million breach of contract/shareholder dispute
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution for Commercial, Business and Partnership matters
- Employment matters acting for both employees and employers
- Equine and Bloodstock matters/stallion purchase contracts
- Regulatory and Disciplinary representation for sports men and women
- Motoring Offences
- The Employment Lawyer’s Association.
- The Law Society
- The British Association for Sport and Law (BASL)
- The Thoroughbred Breeders Association
Edmondson Hall has enjoyed successful expansion and is now able to offer comprehensive legal services to a diverse range of national and international clients.