Justin WadhamOur Team
- Consultant Solicitor
Justin Wadham is one of the Country’s best-known Solicitor specialising in both contentious and non-contentious horseracing and bloodstock industry issues.
Justin qualified in 1979 when working with Norton Rose in their International Finance Department. He joined Edmondson Hall in April 2006 having worked in the Bloodstock Industry since 1986.
Justin is also a former Director of the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) and a Council member of the Racehorse Owners Association (ROA). He is a former Trustee of Horse Welfare, a former Director and Managing Director of Darley, a former Director of David Minton Bloodstock Limited (now Highflyer Bloodstock) and a former Chairman of the Federation of Bloodstock Agents (GB) Limited. Justin has also written numerous articles in the leading bloodstock publications on legal issues relating to the Bloodstock Industry.
His practice areas regularly include:
- Bloodstock contract and commercial work including sale agreements, syndication and international leasing
- Veterinary negligence
- Insurance disputes
Recent instructions have included:
- Syndication and Southern Hemisphere Leasing of leading Stallions
- Successful representation of:-
- The insured in a Stallion sub-fertility insurance dispute
- An overseas purchaser in a high value bloodstock “chain” purchase
- Leading trainer in a triangular dispute with supplier and supplier’s financier
- On behalf of bloodstock sales companies (and against them) in relation to disputes arising under Conditions of Sale.
- Sport participants at sporting Tribunals.
- Equine Law
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Edmondson Hall has enjoyed successful expansion and is now able to offer comprehensive legal services to a diverse range of national and international clients.