James CrussellOur Team
- Litigation Solicitor
James Crussell qualified as a Solicitor in March 2020 following successful completion of his training contract with Edmondson Hall. Prior to joining Edmondson Hall, James worked as a paralegal in a number of international firms, dealing with high value Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury claims, both on behalf of the Claimant and the Defendant.
Since joining Edmondson Hall, James has acted in a range of disputes, including contractual disputes, insolvency matters, debt recovery, boundary and property disputes and Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence claims. He has experience bringing and defending breach of contract claims and claims under the Consumer Rights Act, as well as acting in all areas of Property litigation, including tenancy disputes, trespassers, boundary and Party Wall disputes, access disputes and breach of covenant claims.
James’ work has included:
- High value sale of goods and consumer rights act claims, including recovery of a substantial figure following failure to provide goods as described from an international manufacturer.
- Bringing and defending breach of contract claims, including claims relating to employee theft.
- Property Litigation and Neighbour disputes, including boundary disputes, trespass, and easement disputes.
- Eviction proceedings for landlords, including preparing and serving s21 and s8 notices, obtaining Court Orders for possession and instructing bailiffs to remove obstructive tenants, as well as assisting with evicting trespassers.
- Advising tenants on their rights under tenancy agreements, advising in regards to unlawful evictions, and action that can be taken if the landlord fails to register the tenancy deposit correctly.
- High value personal injury claims including equine, workplace and road traffic accidents.
- Clinical negligence claims including failure to diagnose, failure to obtain consent, complex obstetric and neonatal claims, mental health claims and inquests.
- Appealing Judgments in the High Court.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution (Commercial, Business and Civil).
- Property Litigation and Dispute Resolution, including:
- Landlord and Tenant
- Neighbour Disputes
- Rights of Access Disputes
- Unlawful Evictions
- Failure to register rental deposits
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Claims
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Law
Edmondson Hall has enjoyed successful expansion and is now able to offer comprehensive legal services to a diverse range of national and international clients.