Senior Associate Solicitor
- Commercial Contracts
- Information Technology
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Lorna joined Edmondson Hall in June 2016, and in August 2018 was promoted to a Senior Associate Solicitor.
Lorna started her career working for a commercial litigation team in a prominent firm in Norwich before moving into their insolvency team as a Legal Assistant. In 2011 she moved to the in house legal department at a large Cambridge based technology company. Here, she supported the European Sales Team, HR Team and the IT Department with the drafting, reviewing and negotiation of a range of agreements including confidentiality and licence agreements, software licences, sponsorship agreements, data sharing agreement and website terms and conditions alongside providing advice to the business in respect of privacy and other legal requirements with websites and the internet. She then moved to the Legal Department of a pharmaceutical company based on the Cambridge Science Park where she supported the business by drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts, and advising on data protection, employment and regulatory matters.
Since moving to Edmondson Hall, Lorna has assisted clients in a wide range of areas, including the following:
- Buying and selling of companies and businesses. The value of these transactions ranges from £12,000 to over £1 million.
- Shareholders agreements and shareholder disputes.
- Corporate procedures including company formation, drafting articles of association, converting companies into charities and issuing of new shares.
- Consultancy and service agreements. These have included contracts which needed to cover intellectual property and in particular, copyright.
- Trade mark registration and trade mark and copyright disputes.
- Data protection and the implementation of GDPR. This has included working for a wide range of businesses with differing requirements including publishers, marketers, studs, charities, museums, hotels, estate managers, landlords, hair and beauty salons and treatment providers.
- Employment contracts and settlement agreements. Lorna has acted for both the employer and employee.
- Construction contracts. This has included working for employers, contractors, consultants and sub-contractors.
- Construction disputes.
- Business to business and consumer terms and conditions. This has been in a wide range of business including tradesmen, builders, veterinary practices, studs, marketing companies and publishers.
- Website terms and conditions together with cookie and privacy policies.
- Consumer disputes against large companies.
- Contract disputes.
- Debt claims.
Lorna is a member of the Society for Computers and Law (SCL).
“Thanks for all your help with the contract negotiations, which has been very much appreciated.”
“Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and for your expert advice.”
“Thank you so much for the quick response and efficiency you have given this matter, it is much appreciated.”
“Many thanks again for all your help with the sale of my business. You made it a whole lot easier”