Justin Wadham is one of the Country’s best known lawyers specialising in both contentious and non-contentious horseracing and bloodstock work.
Justin qualified in 1979 when working with the city firm of Norton Rose in their International Finance Department. He joined Edmondson Hall in April 2006 having worked in the Bloodstock Industry since 1986.
Justin is also a former Director of the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) and a Council member of the Racehorse Owners Association (ROA). He is a former Trustee of World Horse Welfare (formerly ILPH), a former Director and Managing Director of Darley (the biggest racing and bloodstock enterprise in the World), a former Director of David Minton Bloodstock Limited (now Highflyer Bloodstock) and a former Chairman of the Federation of Bloodstock Agents (GB) Limited. Justin has also written numerous articles in the leading bloodstock publications on legal issues relating to the Bloodstock Industry.
His practice areas regularly include:
- Bloodstock contract and commercial work including sale agreements, syndication and international leasing
- Veterinary negligence
- Civil litigation
- Commercial litigation
- Insurance disputes
- Wills, Estate & Trust administration
- Probate disputes
Recent instructions have included:
- Syndication and Southern Hemisphere Leasing of leading Stallions
Successful representation of:-
- the insured in a Stallion sub-fertility insurance dispute
- an overseas purchaser in a high value bloodstock “chain” purchase
- leading trainer in a triangular dispute with supplier and supplier’s financier
- in relation to a disputed Will
- on behalf of bloodstock sales companies (and against them) in relation to disputes arising under Conditions of Sale.
- of sport participants at sporting Tribunals.
“The ‘go to’ Lawyer on any matter relating to racing or bloodstock, who knows the industry back to front both as a legal practitioner and from first hand experience”
“A great analyst who achieves efficiency and savings by quickly distinguishing what matters from what does not.”
Justin’s interests outside work are principally focused on horseracing – his wife, Lucy, is a successful trainer on the flat and over jumps – but enjoys most other sports including, in particular, skiing, cricket and fishing. His other interests include theatre (his brother is an actor) and literature, of which he is an avid reader.